With Kisi, users can unlock doors with Kisi cards (Kisi Pass), third-party NFC cards, tags or fobs. Each Kisi card, tag or fob must be assigned by an Administrator and then activated by the user. Each user is able to have two cards assigned to their profile.
You need to be at least an Administrator in order to add cards. Learn more about User Roles and Permissions.
You can add cards to Kisi by:
- entering their token in the web dashboard
- scanning the card at a Kisi Reader
- scanning the card on an Android device
This article focuses on adding cards to the web dashboard by entering their token in the Credentials section.
Adding cards in the web dashboard
To add a card in the web dashboard:
- Sign in to your Kisi Organization
- Click on Credentials
- Click Add Credential
- In the new popup window, enter the Kisi Pass token (printed on the card, case sensitive) and the email address of the user that you want to have this card assigned. An email address is always required when adding a card. If you do not wish to issue cards to specific members, you could use an email alias (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) to assign cards in Kisi and confirm them via the same email. This would avoid adding new emails to your system while the "+" in the email makes it unique for our system, so you would create as many variations as you need for cards that you do not want assigned to specific members. (Note: this method will not work for Microsoft Exchange users.
- Click Add
Once you add a card to a user, the card will be (by default) deactivated, as a security precaution. You can check the status of the card, by selecting that card entry from the list. You will then be taken to this screen:
The user that you have assigned the card to, will have received an email with a link to activate the card. You can read more about Activating a Card.
Once you have assigned the card to the member, the member must activate the card unless you choose to allow using cards without activation.
If you are on Kisi Standard, (check Kisi Standard vs Kisi Organizations), you cannot activate the card on behalf of the user. However, you can Allow Using Cards Without Activation. If you want to add cards without activation:
- On the Members page, search for the user which has been assigned the card and open their profile
- Under the Permissions section, toggle On the option Allow Using Cards Without Activation
- Click on Save
If you are on Kisi Organizations, you (as an Administrator) can activate cards immediately after them being assigned. Simply, open the card from the Cards list and click on Activate (as shown below).
- I am having issues assigning a card to one of my users, it seems to already be assigned to someone else?
If a member with a card assigned to him/her is deleted before the card is de-assigned, you will not be able to see the card in your list of cards and therefore will not be able to de-assign it. In cases such as this, please contact Kisi Support and we will remove it for you.