Each member is able to have two cards assigned to their profile.
- To add an access card to a Kisi member, select Members from the Dashboard, then search for the desired member.
- Once you've selected the member, click the Cards section and select Assign Card.
- Input the card token which is printed on the card. **Note** - Tokens are case sensitive. Click Assign.
**IMPORTANT NOTE** - Once you have assigned the card to the member, the member must activate the card unless you choose to allow using cards without activation.
If you want to add cards without activation:
- On the "Members" page, click on "Add members", on the field "Email address(es)" and assign this user to the group needed.
- Click on this member you have just created and toggle ON the option "Allow Using Cards Without Activation" and click on "Save".
- Click on the Card page and click on "Add card".
- Enter the card token and in the field "Assign to email" enter the user email you have added in step 1.
For Organization/SSO accounts: a card can be activated by Organization administrators immediately after being assigned.
If you do not wish to issue cards to specific members, you could use an email i.e. "firstname.lastname@example.org" and assign cards in Kisi to users with variations of this email i.e "email@example.com" to assign cards in Kisi and confirm them via the same email. This would avoid adding new emails to your system while the "+" in the email makes it unique for our system, so you would create as many variations as you need for cards that you do not want assigned to specific members.
*Note* - This method will not work for Microsoft Exchange users.
Kisi also has the ability to enable 3rd Party Cards. If you are interested in assigning 3rd Party Cards, please follow the steps in this article.
- I am having issues assigning a card to one of my users, it seems to already be assigned to someone else?
If a member with a card assigned to him/her is deleted before the card is de-assigned, you will not be able to see the card in your list of cards and therefore will not be able to de-assign it. In cases such as this, please contact Kisi Support and we will remove it for you.