This article relates to the Kisi Reader Pro, as seen here.
The Kisi Reader Pro is able to unlock your door via Kisi Pass (our NFC-based keycards) Android NFC, and iOS Bluetooth technology. The reader is designed to be mounted outside of your door. When a user approaches, they hold their smartphone or Kisi Pass to the reader and when the LED indicator lights turn green, the door is unlocked.
There are 2 versions of the Kisi Reader Pro: indoor and outdoor. The outdoor version is weatherproofed and it comes with an Ethernet cable (and RJ45 connector) and low voltage wires pre-installed on the unit. The interior reader has a standard RJ45 input connector.
Components of the Kisi Reader Pro
- LED unlock status indicators – These are the lights on the front face of the reader. A blue light indicates the reader is ready to process an unlock. A green light indicates a successful unlock. A red light indicates a failed unlock.
- POE Port – This is where you connect an ethernet cable for power and connectivity.
- Power Contacts – The power contacts are used if you elect to not use an ethernet cable for power and connectivity. You can connect a two-wire setup to the AUX and GND ports for power.
- LED Connectivity Indicator – This indicator shows the connectivity status of the Reader Pro. Amber indicates the reader is ready to be connected to a network. Green indicates the Reader Pro is connected to a network. Red indicates the connection has failed.
- Blink-up Receiver – This is a receiver that takes in a light-based signal. It allows you to connect your Kisi Reader Pro to a wifi network.
Configuring the network settings
To configure the network settings on the Reader you will need to perform a BlinkUp. As a best practice, we recommend choosing the option Clear device connection first to reset the network settings. Then you can perform another BlinkUp to either Connect over Wi-Fi & Ethernet or Connect over Ethernet only.
Configuring the Reader on the Dashboard
To configure your Kisi Reader:
- Sign in to Kisi Dashboard
- Click on your Place
- Under Setup, click on Hardware
- Select a Kisi reader from the device list
Once you click inside one of your readers, you will see the screen below with options to configure the reader.
- Name: Shows the name of your Reader. You can change the name of your reader to something easy to identify.
- Device ID: Shows the ID of your device.
- Door or Elevator: Use this option to connect the Reader with a door or Elevator.
- Card Reader: Choose whether you wish your reader to be enabled or not.
- BLE Beacon / NFC Beacon: Enable or disable the Bluetooth / NFC capabilities of the reader.
- Tap To Unlock: Enable or disable the tap to unlock feature of the reader.
- Notify To Unlock: Enable or disable the feature to get a notification on your phone when near a Kisi reader.
Status of your device
The status of your devices is shown next to each device on the Dashboard. Devices will either show as Online (green) or Offline (red).
If local internet is lost completely the Kisi Reader will try to reconnect a few times and if that is not possible within the required time will change to local mode and allow internet independent unlocking of the doors.