The Kisi Reader Pro is able to unlock your door via Kisi Pass (our NFC-based keycards) Android NFC, and iOS Bluetooth technology. The reader is designed to be mounted outside of your door. When a user approaches, they hold their smart phone or Kisi Pass to the reader and when the LED indicator lights turn green, the door is unlocked.
Components of the Kisi Reader Pro
- LED unlock status indicators – These are the lights on the front face of the reader. A blue light indicates the reader is ready to process an unlock. A green light indicates a successful unlock. A red light indicates a failed unlock.
- POE Port – This is where you connect an ethernet cable for power and connectivity.
- Power Contacts – The power contacts are used if you elect to not use an ethernet cable for power and connectivity. You can connect a two-wire setup to the AUX and GND ports for power.
- LED Connectivity Indicator – This indicator shows the connectivity status of the Reader Pro. Amber indicates the reader is ready to be connected to a network. Green indicates the Reader Pro is connected to a network. Red indicates the connection has failed.
- Blink-up Receiver – This is a receiver that takes in a light-based signal. It allows you to connect your Kisi Reader Pro to a wifi network.