This article relates to the Kisi Reader Pro 1 as seen here.
The Kisi Reader Pro is able to unlock your door via Kisi Pass (our NFC-based keycards) Android NFC, and iOS Bluetooth technology. The reader is designed to be mounted outside of your door. When a user approaches, they hold their smartphone or Kisi Pass to the reader and when the LED indicator lights turn green, the door is unlocked.
Components of the Kisi Reader Pro
- LED unlock status indicators – These are the lights on the front face of the reader. A blue light indicates the reader is ready to process an unlock. A green light indicates a successful unlock. A red light indicates a failed unlock.
- POE Port – This is where you connect an ethernet cable for power and connectivity.
- Power Contacts – The power contacts are used if you elect to not use an ethernet cable for power and connectivity. You can connect a two-wire setup to the AUX and GND ports for power.
- LED Connectivity Indicator – This indicator shows the connectivity status of the Reader Pro. Amber indicates the reader is ready to be connected to a network. Green indicates the Reader Pro is connected to a network. Red indicates the connection has failed.
- Blink-up Receiver – This is a receiver that takes in a light-based signal. It allows you to connect your Kisi Reader Pro to a wifi network.
Configuration options for the Kisi Reader Pro 1
- Card Reader. Choose whether you wish your reader to be enabled or not.
- BLE Beacon / NFC Beacon. Enable or disable the Bluetooth / NFC capabilities of the reader.
- Tap To Unlock. Enable or disable the tap to unlock feature of the reader.
- Notify To Unlock. Enable or disable the feature to get a notification on your phone when near a Kisi reader.
- Device ID. Shows the device ID of your device.
Status of your device
Shows the online/offline status of your device.
If local internet is lost completely the reader will try to reconnect a few times and if that is not possible within the required time will change to local mode and allow internet independent unlocking of the doors.