Please see our new Kisi Docs portal at docs.kisi.io
Relevant section: Transfer an organization to another user
Only the current Owner of the Organization can transfer an Organization to someone else. The Owner role within an Organization is the highest role with the ability to make all changes within the Organization.
Transferring an Organization
To transfer the Place or Organization ownership:
- Sign in to your Kisi account.
- Click on Organization Setup, a drop down option menu will appear and select Transfer Organization.
- Enter the email address of the person you want this place transferred to
- Click on Request Transfer
The new Owner will receive an email asking them to accept the transfer as stated in the description below the field the email needs to be written in.
Accepting a Place/Organization Transfer
They will need to follow the steps below to accept the Place transfer:
- Click on the Accept Transfer button from the email.
- Sign in to Kisi (if you are not yet signed in).
- Click on Accept button.
- If you do not see the page above immediately upon login, you may also follow this link: https://web.kisi.io/organization/transfers
Cancel an Organization Transfer
Once the Organization Transfer is accepted by the new Owner, the transfer cannot be undone. You will need to ask the new Owner to transfer the Organization back to you.
In case the Organization Transfer has not yet been accepted by the new Owner, you can still cancel the transfer from the Kisi Dashboard, where you originally issued the transfer, by clicking on Cancel Transfer.
As a best practice, Kisi recommends having the Place Owner as a generic email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) to prevent loss of access if an employee is to leave your company in the future.
If the Place or Organization Owner has left your company, please contact Kisi Support for assistance restoring access to your Organization.