YOU WILL NEED
Included in Kisi Controller Pro box:
- Kisi Controller Pro (comes with a 24V Universal AC power supply)
- 4 Jumper Pins
Not included with Kisi purchase:
- 12 or 24V DC electric strike or magnetic lock
- Ethernet Cable
SEQUENCE FOR WIRING KISI CONTROLLER PRO TO A FAIL-SECURE DOOR LOCK:
- Wire one of the four relays to the fail-secure lock on the door. This is a wet contact relay which will require negative wires to run to the GND (Ground) and positive to NO (Normally Open).
- Be sure that you do NOT connect the door lock to GND and NC (Normally Closed). Such a configuration will burn out the fail-secure lock over time.
- Configure the jumper to required voltage, either 12V or 24V. Top pin + center pin = 12V, bottom pin + center pin = 24V.
**IMPORTANT** - The Kisi Controller Pro only supplies up to 4 Amps total for the door locks that are drawing power from the circuit board. If you wish to power up more doors, DO NOT exceed a total of 4 Amps for each Kisi Controller Pro.
Example: If you have two electric strikes that draw 12V/2 Amps from Kisi Pro, you CANNOT power anymore locks from the circuit board. You can still wire another two door locks to the Kisi Controller Pro, but only from their own separate power supply and as dry contacts.
Kisi Controller Pro does NOT support AC wiring, so make sure the lock can work on DC.
Once complete, power the Kisi Controller Pro using provided power supply and input. A blue light should come on if powered.
Plugin the Ethernet cable, you should see a green blinking light on the top right hand corner of the board. This indicates that the Kisi Controller Pro is online. If the light is not green, please refer to this troubleshooting guide.