This content is being deprecated.
Please see our new Kisi Docs portal at docs.kisi.io
Relevant section: Kisi Controller Pro
The Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 is the central hardware unit that enables you to access your doors with the Kisi system. It is part internet router, part access control system. The Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 comes with four dry/wet contact relays, one ethernet port for network connectivity, multiple door contact sensor ports, REX (Request to Exit) ports, as well as a power input and output. However, a more comprehensive list of each part and function on the Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 can be found below:
Components of the Kisi Pro Controller
- Door Relays each control one door and each Controller contains four relays.
- Dry/Wet Contacts are found above each relay, and the ports are labeled 12V, 24V, Ground (GND), Normally Closed (NC), Common (COM), and Normally Open (NO). For wiring instructions, click here.
- The Power Input allows you to power the Kisi Controller as well as door locks. Negative (black) wires run into the GND port and positive wires (white) run into +24V on the left.
- The BlinkUp Sensor is the light receiver for the BlinkUp sequence.
- The Reset button removes all the wifi memory on your Kisi Controller; you trigger a reset by pressing this small button. If you press this button, it could knock your Kisi device offline.
- The Ethernet Port is an RJ45 jack allows you to run a cable directly from your ISP to the Controller. If the wifi is down, Kisi would still work with a live ethernet connection.
- Door Contact Sensors that are wired to Kisi will log an activity in the Kisi admin dashboard whenever the door successfully opens. There are 2 ports that correspond to each door relay. If a relay is triggered but the door contact sensor is not, the door did not actually open.
- A Request-to-Exit (REX) is a unlock mechanism on the inside of the secured office/room that needs to be triggered in order for the door to unlock. This is usually a push-to-exit button or motion sensor. If you wire a REX to the Kisi Pro, it will register as an unlock in the Kisi admin dashboard whenever a user exits the space.