It is convenient to create a group when you wish to share access to an entire pool of users, all with similar Permissions and Restrictions to the same Doors.
How to Create a Group:
- Login to your Kisi Admin Dashboard.
- Select Groups under the Sharing section.
- Select Add Group.
- Key in the name and description of your Group
- The next step would be to assign doors to the group. Click into the Assign Doors field and a dropdown of your doors will appear. Select the desired doors to correspond with your group. (Note - The dropdown only shows 5 doors. If you do not see a door, start typing the door name into the field and it will appear.)
Every User added will have access to all the Doors in the Group. They will also have all of the related Group Restrictions applied to them.
- What happens with members who are part of several groups?
Members who are part of several groups will gain the access rights of the group with the most permissions. Example: if Group A has Geofence and Primary Device restrictions enabled, but Group B does not, the user will not be restricted by either the Geofence or Primary Device restrictions for all common doors between the two groups.