YOU WILL NEED
- Kisi Controller Pro (comes with a 24V Universal AC power supply)
Not included with Kisi purchase:
- 12 or 24V DC fail safe electric strike or magnetic lock
- Ethernet Cable
- External Power Supply for lock
- Push to exit button/motion sensor
SEQUENCE FOR WIRING KISI CONTROLLER PRO TO A FAIL-SAFE DOOR LOCK:
1. Wire one of the four door relays to the external power supply and the fail-safe lock on your door. Since you will be wiring the relay as a dry contact, you will start by wiring the relay to the power supply from GND (Ground) and NO (normally Open) to the GND (Ground) and IN (Input). Next, you will need to run the negative wires to COM (Common) and run positive to NC (Normally Closed) back to the lock.
2. Wire the Key pad and the Push-to-exit button or Motion Sensor to the power supply, in series.
3. Connect the external power supply to a fire alarm system. This is in accordance to safety code - when the fire alarm triggers, power to the Kisi Controller Pro will be interrupted and the doors will automatically unlock.
4. Once complete, power the Kisi Controller Pro using provided power supply and input. A blue light should come on if powered.
5. Plug in the Ethernet cable, you should see a green blinking light on the top right hand corner of the board. This indicates that the Kisi Controller Pro is online. If the light is not green, please refer to this troubleshooting guide.