This content is being deprecated.
Please see our new Kisi Docs portal at docs.kisi.io
Relevant section: Optix
- You have an Optix white-labelled app: users can unlock doors with their white-labelled app
- You don't have an Optix white-labelled app (and are using the Optix branded app): users will need to download the Kisi app to unlock doors
The new Optix integration will enable you to unlock your Kisi-powered doors with the Optix app (vs having to download the Kisi app). If you want to unlock doors with your Optix app, your setup might require some changes, so we recommend reaching out to Optix Support.
With the Optix integration, you can provide access using Kisi Groups and Optix Plans, Bookings, Assignments, or Check-ins. In this integration, Kisi manages the door access and Optix handles the payment of the space rent. The Optix integration is divided into 3 parts.
- Part 1: generating the Kisi API key
- Part 2: entering the Kisi API key in Optix
- Part 3: setting up Plans, Bookings, Assignments and Check-ins in Optix that connects with Kisi
Generate the Kisi API key
We suggest creating an API Key from a Place/Organization Owner or Administrator account so that the integration has that level of access. However, please note that you will be granting that access (Place/Organization Owner or Admin) to the integration. For more information, check out User roles and permissions.
To generate the Kisi API key:
- Sign in to Kisi
- On the top right corner, select your name and click on My Account
- Navigate to the API tab and click on Add API key
- Enter a name for the API key and your Kisi password. Click Add
- Copy the API key shown on the screen and click Close
Configure the Kisi integration in Optix
To install and configure the Kisi integration in Optix:
- Sign in to Optix
- Click on Apps
- Click on Kisi
- On the pop-up window, click Install
- Enter Kisi API Key and click Save
Setting up Optix Plans, Bookings, Assignments and Check-ins
As a first step, in Kisi, create a Group with admin or owner rights in the Kisi dashboard.
Continue the configuration in Optix, by following the steps in this article: How do I provide Kisi access to my users with Optix?