When you build custom plans within your Optix dashboard, you will have the option to link your plans with specific access groups in Kisi. In this integration, Kisi manages the door access and Optix handles the payment of the space rent. The Optix integration is divided into 3 parts.
- Part 1: generating the Kisi API key
- Part 2: entering the Kisi API key in Optix
- Part 3: setting up a plan in Optix that connects with Kisi
Generate the Kisi API key
We suggest creating an API Key from a Place Owner or Administrator account so that the integration has that level of access. However, please note that you will be granting that access (Place Owner or Admin) to the integration. For more information, check out User roles and permissions.
To generate the Kisi API key:
- Sign in to Kisi
- On the top right corner, select your name and click on API
- Click on Add API key
- Enter a name for the API key and your Kisi password. Click Add
- Copy the API key shown on the screen and click Close
Configure the Kisi integration in Optix
To install and configure the Kisi integration in Optix:
- Sign in to Optix
- Click on Apps
- Click on Kisi
- On the pop-up window, click Install
- Enter Kisi API Key and click Save
Setting up an Optix plan with the Kisi integration
- Create a Kisi Group with admin or owner rights in the Kisi dashboard
- Sign in to Optix
- Click on Plans (from the left-menu) on the main page
- Click on Create your first plan or Add Plan and fill in the details
- Click on Add under Access/discount (this is where we add the space created earlier)
- If the Kisi API key was properly entered, it should show the available Kisi groups (this includes all groups that the user is not admin or owner of). Select the group with access control created for this plan, then click Create. If there are no groups visible check the Kisi dashboard to see if there are any groups created.
Read more on integrating Kisi with Optix, from this article: How do I provide Kisi access to my users with Optix?