The Optix integration is divided into 2 parts.
Part 1: setting up the API integration.
Part 2: setting up a plan in Optix that connects with Kisi. In this integration Kisi manages the door access and Optix handles the payment of the space rent.
*Keep in mind that Optix only uses groups – so user must be the owner or admin of the place for the group.
Part 1 – Connecting with Kisi
1. Login to Optix and go to edit. Click on an active venue.
2. Click on Settings in the tabs on top.
3. Click on Integrations in the gray bar right under Settings.
4. Scroll down to direct integrations and click on Connect to Kisi.
5. Enter Kisi API Key.
6. To find the Kisi API Key → Login to Kisi dashboard and click on my account on the top right.
7. Click on Logins.
8. Scroll to the Bottom and Click on Show API Secret Key, and the Key will be shown.
Part 2 – Setting up an Optix plan with the Kisi integration. Connecting both services is separated into 3 parts.
- Create a Kisi group with admin or owner rights in the Kisi dashboard
- Create a space in Optix
- Create a plan in Optix
1-1. Make sure the account of the API Key is the admin or owner of the place (Create limit time & access for group members here).
2-1 Login to Optix and click on Edit. Click on the active venue to create a space.
2-2 Click in Spaces on + Add space.
2-3 Fill in the details.
3-1 Create a plan with the Kisi integration. Click on Dashboard.
3-2 Click on Plans, then click on Create a plan.
3-3 Fill in Details.
3-3.1 Click on Add access / discount (this is where we add the space we just created in the step before).
3-3.2 If Kisi API key was properly set in Part 1, it should show the available Kisi groups (This includes all groups that the user is not admin or owner of). Select the group with access control created for this plan, then click Create. If there are no groups visible check the Kisi dashboard to see if there are any groups created.
4. You’re all set!
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org