Adding members is one of the core features of Kisi. We make it easy to create a customized access solution for everyone in your space.
How To Add a Member to a Group
- Click on Members, followed by ‘Add Members’
- Key in the email address of the user account. You can add more than one at a time, separated by commas. Hit enter when you are done keying in the emails. *Important* - Emails must be active email addresses. Otherwise, they will be blacklisted by Kisi's mail servers.
- Click on Add to groups. Choose a group from the dropdown list. Click on the group to change the settings.
- Access options, all but link access enabled by default
- App access – User can use the Kisi app to unlock the doors.
- Card access – User can use Kisi key cards to unlock the doors.
- Link access – allow users to unlock a door via a link on their web browser. User does not have to download the Kisi app. Recommended for visitor access only.
- Basic permissions:
- The default is ‘Basic’, user is only able to unlock doors.
- Click on the 3 dots to select other roles. Refer to this article to find out more about roles.
- Valid From/Until – enable and disable a key at a predetermined start and end date/time. Not enabled by default.
- After configuring all of the above settings, click on ‘Add’.
- The user will receive an email with instructions.
Types of Access issued
- Place: Adding users to an ‘Entire Place’ means that they will have permissions to all the doors in the space. This is typically reserved for administrators.
- Group: Adding users to a ‘Group’ helps you control Door access and Restrictions for all users in the same Group. This is usually for regular users.
You can also add pictures of your members to their profile. Once you've added a member, select the member's name from your Member List and click Add Image. From here, you will need to select a file from your computer that is either a .jpg or .png format. Crop the image to your liking and click Save.