It can be troublesome to issue keys or keycards for your guests. You need to go through the process of recollecting the keys at the end of the day – and the guest could lose it! Kisi spares you from this entire process with two features: Link Access & Validity Dates.
Web Link Access
Assigning keys with Web Link Access means a person can access your space even if they do not download the Kisi mobile app. Under ‘Add Member' toggle the slider next to ‘Link Access’ when you are adding temporary users.
Instead of downloading the app and creating an account, they will be sent a link to their email inbox. When they click the link, it launches their phone’s web browser and they can unlock the door from there. The link unlock is a great feature for visitors. However, for security purposes, we do recommend that all every-day Kisi users are not granted this option.
When you issue a Key, you will see an option to select Validity Dates. This means that you can choose when a user’s key becomes active and inactive.
You can easily issue a key to someone for a month, a day, or even an hour. When the Validity Date period begins, your user can use his or her key to enter your space. The minute this period expires, your user’s access is automatically revoked.
To implement Link Access with Temporary Keys:
- Sign into your Kisi Admin Panel and enter your Place.
- Navigate to Members.
- Click Add Members and enter your guest’s email address. If more than one, you can fill in multiple email addresses at once by separating each email with a link break, comma, or semi-colon. Hit enter when you are done typing in the email addresses to lock them in.
- Under Assign Groups to Share, select a group or the Entire Place from the drop down.
- Click on the slider for Link Access to turn it on. This allows them to access Kisi without downloading the app. If you do not want them to have App or Card access, deselect those options.
- Look for Valid From and Valid Until located underneath the Basic Permissions section. Fill in the 4 relevant fields:
- Valid From: Date
- Valid From: Time
- Valid Until: Date
- Valid Until: Time
- Click Add.
There you have it! Your guests will now be able to enter your space the moment the Validity Date period kicks in.