This content is being deprecated.
Please see our new Kisi Docs portal at docs.kisi.io
Relevant section: Import users from Google Directory
This integration requires using groups/teams. Kisi groups being synced with the Google Integration shouldn’t be used to add manual users. You can set up separate groups to have the ability to sync and add one-off employees on an as-needed basis.
Google Workspace is an office suite of apps including Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar to connect the people in your company, no matter where in the world they are. If your organization uses Google Workspace, you can set up this integration to keep your Kisi groups access directory up to date. The sync to Kisi will happen every 15 minutes.
Enable the Google Directory integration
To be able to set this integration up, you’ll have to have the correct permissions in Google called “Google Admin Privileges”. Also, this integration needs to be set up using the Kisi master account, essentially the login you used to create the place.
To enable the Google Directory integration:
- Sign in to Kisi with your Place/Organization Owner account
- Under Setup, go to Integrations and click on Add Integration
- Enter a name for the integration and select Google Directory User Import from the dropdown
- Click on Authorize with Google and you’ll be redirected to the Google Authentication screen
- Sign in with your Google account that has Admin privileges and click Allow to give the integration access
- In Kisi, you should now see additional fields to configure the integration. Select the Google Organizational Unit – this will be the source of the access permissions that are synchronized with Kisi. The organizational unit needs to be a sub-organization. If you have not created one, you will need to do so
- Map the users to the Kisi Group/Team. A Kisi Group/Team is needed to share access to your place(s) with your users. If you choose the option Import as users only, the users will be imported but won't receive an invitation email from Kisi or have any access in your place(s)
- When you click Add, this configuration will be set up immediately and access will start to be shared with everyone in the organizational unit. Everyone in the Google Organizational Unit will get an email notification that Kisi access has been shared with them unless you chose Import as users only.
Can automatically synchronized members be deleted?
Currently, the access right of a synchronized member can be deleted, however, if the member is deleted it will be synchronized back with full access. We are working on making this experience more consistent.
How does the information exchange between Google Directory and Kisi work?
Information is pulled from Kisi every 15 minutes, eventually, we'll add receiving push updates.
How many Google Directory Integrations can I add?
Since companies might have more complex organizational setups we can technically allow unlimited integrations however it depends on your plan level how many you can actually create.
Do I have to create an extra integration for each organizational unit?
Yes, every organizational unit needs its own integration.
How fast does the integration synchronize?
Kisi fetches the status of the Google directory once every 15 minutes.
If the integration is deleted, are all keys revoked?
All shares will be deleted, but the user profiles remain. That means they can’t access using those credentials anymore but still can log in their app. They might see an empty screen then though.