Opening a new facility is often an extremely complex project. We want to do our best to support your efforts by providing a straightforward timeline of events that leads to a successful access control system setup. (Depending on your project size or scope, some of the steps listed below may not be applicable.)
Before Kisi Arrives
- Clarify who installs the locks, who runs cable, who sets up and mounts Kisi devices, and who makes sure physical security is emergency exit compliant.
- Create a door plan detailing which groups in your organization will have access to which doors.
- Specifications: It needs to be exactly clear how many and which type of cables are needed at each door.
- Software set up: Kisi creates your place account and associates your devices to your account for you. Upon installation, please reach out to Kisi to have one of us transfer your account to you and help get you on-boarded.
After Kisi Arrives
-- IT room has to be ready with accessible wall space dedicated to Kisi controller(s). Internet must be active.
- Mount controller(s) to the wall using the template provided.
- Door locks must be wired to the relays on the Kisi Controller Pro. Please apply labels detailing which relays are assigned to which doors. It is useful to label the wires that you connect to the relays, as well.
- Label physical doors (using tape or signs) according to the lock names you create.
- Label each ethernet cable with the corresponding reader(s) to which they are connected.
- Get controller(s) and reader(s) online by connecting them via ethernet. *Note* - Kisi Reader Pros function via Power over Ethernet (PoE). If your switch is PoE compatible, you can plug the readers directly into it. If not, you will need to use a PoE injector.
After Kisi is installed
- Contact Kisi Support to have your account transferred.
- Complete the on-boarding session with Kisi Support.
- Test the system.
Once the system has been successfully tested with a Kisi Support agent, you can start adding members to use your Kisi access control system.