Typical roles and responsibilities of companies in larger projects can often become blurred. To help clarify, here is an outline of what we normally see in successful projects.
If you are looking to get a smaller project done, some of these roles can be fulfilled by the same person/vendor - no worries about that.
- specifies which use case scenarios should be covered
- decides which doors are to be connected
- sets up and owns Kisi account
- specifies the locks to be used
- draws a cabling plan in coordination with security vendor
- buys and installs locks
- runs cabling and dispatches correctly
- consults with the architect on which types of locks require additional door hardware, as well as which cables are to be used
- reviews architecture plans of cabling
- installs Kisi & connects to a network
- Configures hardware on Kisi account
MANUFACTURER (e.g. KISI)
- ships hardware
- provides specifications, guides and onboarding materials