Q: My Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 is offline and I cannot unlock the doors. What do I do?
A: The Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 can fall offline for a number of reasons, the most common of which is a network change, such as updating the network password. To confirm the device is offline, the LED light on your Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 above the relays should be blinking red, indicating no network signal. Carry out the following steps until the LED light turns to blinking green, which indicates it is online.
1. Power cycle - unplug power and plug it back in.
2. Ethernet cycle - unplug the ethernet cable from the Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 and plug it back in.
3. Check all power sources to the Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 and make sure they are securely fastened.
4. Restart router which Kisi is connected to.
If all of the above does not bring the Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 online, reach out to email@example.com.
Q: My Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 is online but the doors do not unlock. What do I do?
A: Check the following things:
1. Are the electric locks getting power? As a general rule of thumb, if the door is unlocked by default, there is no power going into the locks. Check the IT closet for the power supply. The building/office manager will have a better idea of where this is.
2. Are the relays on the Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 clicking? Go to the Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 and press the unlock buttons on the Kisi app. Listen for a clicking sound on the controller itself. If the relay is not clicking, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Can the Kisi Controller Pro 1.1 integrate with an existing alarm system?
A: Yes, Kisi can integrate your alarm system with the Kisi Controller Pro 1.1. Our standard configuration for alarm integrations is turning the alarm off upon triggering the Kisi relays, unlocking the doors for 3 seconds, then re-arming the alarm after the doors re-lock. To set up an alarm integration, you will need to contact Kisi Support by emailing email@example.com.