This content is being deprecated.
Please see our new Kisi Docs portal at docs.kisi.io
Relevant section: Event Webhooks
Kisi provides support for forwarding events to external third-party services. The Event Webhook integration triggers whenever an event is added to the activity stream of a Place. The raw JSON can be forwarded to an external service via a webhook URL.
In these cases, it's also possible to use a combination of Kisi's external webhook integration alongside a script or service that can accept the raw event data, then format and POST it to a secondary address.
Create Webhook Integration
To create a Webhook integration:
- Sign in to your Kisi account
- Select your Kisi Place
- Under Setup, click on Integrations and then Add Integration
- Enter a friendly name for your integration, and choose Event Webhook from the Type dropdown menu
- In the URL field, enter the destination URL. In this example, an endpoint from a free webhook testing tool called Webhook.site is used
- Save the integration, which will take effect immediately. In the example below, the creation event has already been forwarded to the webhook URL:
From this point forward, any activities from the events stream will forward to the webhook integration.