This content is being deprecated.
Please see our new Kisi Docs portal at docs.kisi.io
Relevant section: Import users in bulk through a CSV file
CSV import is only available for Kisi Organizations. Please contact Kisi Support to learn more and upgrade your account.
Rather than adding members manually one at a time, you can add many users in a bulk import. To do this, you'll need to create a CSV (comma-separated values) file that contains the user's data.
Creating the CSV file
When you create a list of users to import, you'll probably generate this list from some other user management system such as an employee database. Most of these systems have some facility for creating a CSV export file. If you need to create the list from scratch you can use a program such as Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice.org Calc. Download our CSV template and populate it with the users you’d like to import.
Here are some important things to keep in mind when creating your file:
- The file must be properly formatted CSV and saved using UTF-8 character encoding.
- The first row of the CSV file is the header row, and you must include it in the file.
- The header row must contain any required fields in the table below, plus any other fields listed in the table below that you want to include.
- Included fields must appear in the header row in the order they are listed below.
- If you are not importing data for a field, do not list it in the header row.
|Required. User's email address (email@example.com)|
|image||URL of the user's profile picture|
|password_flow||Set to true if the user should be allowed to sign in with email and password, otherwise leave empty|
|group_ids||ID(s) of the teams/groups this user should be added to, separated with ";". Team ID can be found in the top right corner of the respective team page|
|credential_token||8-digit combination as printed on a Kisi card, fob or sticker|
|backup_credential_token||8-digit combination as printed on a Kisi card, fob or sticker|
|access_suspended||Set to true if the user shouldn't be able to unlock any doors, even if they have team memberships, otherwise leave empty|
Importing the CSV user data file
To import the CSV file:
- Sign in to your Kisi Organization dashboard
- Select Users and click on Add Users
- At the top, select Import Users
- At the bottom of the page, import the CSV file
- Click Done
User import cannot be reverted and existing users will be ignored during the import. Every imported user will receive 1 notification email per added team and will be able to unlock doors immediately unless the "access_suspended" field is set as true.