YOU WILL NEED
Included in Kisi box:
- Kisi Controller Pro (comes with a 24V Universal AC power supply)
Not included with Kisi purchase:
- 12 or 24V DC fail safe electric strike or magnetic lock
- Ethernet Cable
- Low Voltage Wires
- Push to Exit/Motion Sensor
SEQUENCE FOR WIRING KISI CONTROLLER PRO TO A FAIL-SAFE DOOR LOCK
- Wire one of the four door relays to the fail-safe lock on the door. Since you will be wiring the relay as a wet contact, you will need to run the positive wires to 12V or 24V (Depending on your lock) and run negative to NC (Normally Closed).
- The wiring should also run to a keypad outside the space and a REX (Request to Exit) inside the space. A keypad should be used as a back-up mode of access in case internet goes down. A REX allows an occupant to exit the door without using Kisi, and would refer to either a motion sensor or a push-to-exit button. Wire your REX to IN1 (Input 1) and GND (Ground) in the REX component.
- Configure the jumper wire to run from GND (Ground) to COM (Common).
- IMPORTANT: The Kisi Controller Pro only supplies up to 4 Amps total for the door locks that are drawing power from the circuit board. It is highly recommended if you have more than one maglock that you power your maglocks through an external power supply.
- Kisi Controller Pro does NOT support AC wiring, so make sure the lock can work on DC.
- Once complete, power the Kisi Controller Pro using provided power supply and input. A blue light should come on if powered.
- Plug in the Ethernet cable, you should see a green blinking light on the top right hand corner of the board. This indicates that the Kisi Controller Pro is online. If the light is not green, please refer to this troubleshooting guide.