This content is being deprecated.
Please see our new Kisi Docs portal at docs.kisi.io
Relevant section: External power supply & fail-secure electric lock with dry contact
YOU WILL NEED
- Kisi Controller Pro 1 (comes with a 24V Universal AC power supply)
Not included with Kisi purchase:
- 12 or 24V DC fail secure electric strike or magnetic lock
- Ethernet Cable
- Low Voltage Wires
- External Power Supply for lock
SEQUENCE FOR WIRING KISI CONTROLLER PRO TO A FAIL-SECURE DOOR LOCK
- Wire one of the four door relays to the external power supply and the fail-secure lock on your door. Since you will be wiring the relay as a dry contact, you will start by wiring the relay to the power supply from COM (Common) and NO (Normally Open) on the Kisi relay to the GND (Ground) and IN (Input) of the power supply. Next, you will need to run the negative wires to COM (Common) and run positive to NO (Normally Open) back to the lock.
- Once complete, power the Kisi Controller Pro using provided power supply and input. A blue light should come on if powered.
- Plug in the Ethernet cable, you should see a green blinking light on the top right hand corner of the board. This indicates that the Kisi Controller Pro is online. If the light is not green, please refer to this troubleshooting guide.