With the Kisi - RecDesk Integration you can assign Kisi Cards to your RecDesk members and set access groups for members to determine which facilities/doors a member can access. You can automatically record check-ins on RecDesk when a member accesses a Kisi-secured facility. Lastly, you can seamlessly grant or revoke access to your recreational facility through RecDesk.
Generate the Kisi API key
An API Key allows RecDesk to be connected to Kisi. They use this API Key to sync Members with Kisi cards and assign them to Groups in your Kisi account. To generate the Kisi API key:
- Sign in to Kisi
- On the top right corner, select your name and click on API
- Click on Add API key
- Enter a name for the API key and your Kisi password. Click Add
- Copy the API key shown on the screen and click Close
Set up the RecDesk integration
To set up this integration:
- Contact RecDesk to get the webhook URL address
- Sign in to your Kisi account
- Under Setup, select Integrations and click on Add Integration
- Enter a name for the integration and select Event Webhook from the dropdown
- Enter the URL from step 1
- Click Add
Every time Kisi grants access to a member, it will communicate with RecDesk via this webhook. Access in Kisi is granted by the groups/teams that the user belongs to. You can read more about Groups/Teams in this article: Setting up a group.
For more information, we suggest checking the articles below from RecDesk:
- Set Up RecDesk Memberships with Access to an Access Group: How do I Set Up a RecDesk Membership with Access to an Access Group?
- Set Up Member Cards for RecDesk Members with Access Control: How do I Set Up Member Cards for RecDesk Members with Access Control?
- Enroll Member in Appropriate RecDesk Membership: How do I Enroll a Member into a Membership?