This content is being deprecated.
Please see our new Kisi Docs portal at docs.kisi.io
Relevant section: Cisco Meraki
This article relates to Kisi's visual events audit feature. To add this integration to your account, you must be a Kisi Administrator. For information on specific roles and their permissions, check out the article User Roles and Permissions.
The Cisco Meraki integration allows you to see snapshots of when a door is opened/held opened/forced opened Kisi will fetch snapshots from a camera connected to the door. The camera snapshots are stored in the events list in the Kisi web app for 90 days.
Enable Cisco Meraki Dashboard API
To enable Cisco Meraki Dashboard API:
- Sign in to your Cisco Meraki Dashboard as an Administrator
- Under Organization, click on Settings
- In the Settings page, scroll down to the Dashboard API access section and check the box Enable access to the Cisco Meraki Dashboard API
- Click on Save Changes. Once saved, allow 1-2 minutes for changes to take effect
Generate a Cisco Meraki API key
The API key will be associated with the Dashboard Administrator account which generates it and will inherit the same permissions as that account. Learn more about Cisco Meraki Dashboard API.
To generate a Cisco Meraki API key:
- From the Cisco Meraki Dashboard, click on your email address on the top right corner and select My Profile
- Scroll down to the API access and click on Generate new API key
- Copy your Cisco Meraki API key from the popup window. Check the box I have stored my new API key and click Done
Configure the Cisco Meraki integration
To create and configure the Cisco Meraki integration in Kisi:
- Sign in to Kisi
- Open your Place
- Under Setup, select Integrations
- Click on Add Integration
- Enter a name for the integration, select the type Cisco Meraki and paste the Cisco Meraki API key
- Click Add
- Check that the integration is enabled
To import the Cisco Meraki cameras into Kisi:
- In the Kisi Dashboard, click on Hardware and select the Cameras tab
- Click on Import Camera and select the name of the integration you created above
- Fill out the requested information
- Click Import
Once imported, the camera will appear in the list. When the associated door is unlocked, the snapshots will be created and you will be able to see them Event History. Events with snapshots are marked with a camera icon.
Clicking on the event will open a popup window with the snapshots.