To set up the Kisi integration in Envoy, you need a Global Admin or Location Admin with an Envoy Enterprise plan. To generate the API key in Kisi, you need to be a Kisi Place Owner or Administrator.
The Envoy integration streamlines the access control for visitors, allowing you to automatically onboard and offboard visitor access to your facilities. With customization options, you're in control to decide not only which visitor flows receive access but also the level of access they are granted.
Envoy will generate temporary permission shares in Kisi for your enabled visitors based on your criteria with automatic expiration, enforced by permission expiration in Kisi and customization in Envoy. Kisi access is emailed by Kisi to permitted visitor flows based on the email they provide during sign in.
Generate the Kisi API key
To generate the Kisi API key:
- Sign in to Kisi
- On the top right corner, select your name and click on API
- Click on Add API key
- Enter a name for the API key and your Kisi password. Click Add
- Copy the API key shown on the screen and click Close
Configure the Kisi integration in Envoy
To install and configure the Kisi integration in Envoy:
- Sign in to Envoy
- Click on Integrations
- Under Access Control, select the Kisi integration and click Install
- In the API Key step, paste the Kisi API key generated above. Click Next Step
- Under the Places step choose which Kisi place(s) you would like to enable Envoy visitors. Click Next Step
- In the Visitor Access step, you can assign Kisi groups to individual visitor flows in Envoy. Note: Visitor flows that do not have Kisi group mappings will not receive Kisi credentials. Once done, click Next Step
- The Customization step allows you to finalize the integration and define basic behavior, this includes the following:
- Only Allow Invited Guests: Toggling this option on will restrict Kisi permission creation to only visitors with an invite, at time of invite. When this option is toggled off both impromptu visitors and invited visitors receive Kisi access, based on their Visitor Flow in Envoy.
- Access Duration: This is the length of time the Kisi permission will work for. After the access duration expires the Kisi permission will be terminated.
- Advance Access: This option is intended for invited visitors who may need time prior to the scheduled meeting to navigate to the meeting room. This can extend to areas where visitors may need access to enter a larger building or parking garage.
- Sign Out: Toggling this option will allow Kisi permission to immediately expire upon visitor sign out in Envoy, regardless of the duration defined in "Access Duration". When this option is toggled off access will only automatically expire at the end of the duration defined in "Access Duration".
- App Access: Toggling this option on will grant "app access" to Kisi members created by Envoy.
- Envoy Guest Indicator: Toggling this option on will postpend " (Envoy Guest)" to visitors created by the Kisi / Envoy integration