These instructions are for setting up the Kisi>Rhombus video integration on the Kisi side. See Kisi's video solution page for more context. It will allow to store video clips for 90 days being attached to a door access event.
How the integration works
All authentication with the Rhombus API is performed via client-side certificates and API keys. Hence to create an integration, you will need to prepare them first. Below are the steps for generating the client-side key-pair, getting the certificate signed and receiving an API key to create the integration in Kisi.
Set up instructions
1. Generate the private key and Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
On Windows, this guide may be helpful.
openssl req \
-out company_credentials_for_rhombus_systems.csr \
-newkey rsa:4096 \
-keyout company_credentials_for_rhombus_systems.key \
-subj "/C=US/ST=NY/L=New York City/O=Company/OU=IT Operations/CN=Certificate for Company"
Note: Please replace the C, ST, L, O, and CN values with the appropriate values for your organization:
- C (Country Name): e.g. US
- ST (State or Province Name): e.g. NY
- L (Locality): e.g. New York City
- O (Organization): e.g. Company
- OU (Organizational Unit): e.g IT Operations
- CN (Common Name): e.g. Certificate for Company
This command generates two files:
- Private Key: `company_credentials_for_rhombus_systems.key`: your key. Store it safely! You will need it later, see step 4.
- Certificate Signing Request File: `company_credentials_for_rhombus_systems.csr`: your , see 2.
2. Email the certificate file
`company_credentials_for_rhombus_systems.csr` to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. You will receive
an email response containing 2 items:
- Signed certificate file titled `company_credentials_for_rhombus_systems.cer`.
- Rhombus API key
Along with the certificate `company_credentials_for_rhombus_systems.key` you have now everything you need to set up the Rhombus integration.
4. Set up integration
Navigate to the "Integrations" tab in the "Setup" menu on the left of your dashboard.
Click "Add Integration" to add a new Rhombus camera integration:
Open both the certificate and the private key in a text editor, copy the whole text, including the first and the last lines, and paste the text in the respective fields in the Rhombus integration setup:
Once you hit "Add" you get to the confirmation screen looking something like this:
5. Import Camera
When the integration is created, you can add a camera in the Hardware section by clicking "Import camera" in the "Cameras" tab. Choose the relevant camera integration, the camera you wish to add, and the door that this camera should be associated with.
When everything is set up, you will see camera video clips in the events list when the chosen door is being unlocked, held or forced opened.