With the Kisi Apple Watch app, you can open doors without using your phone. To start using the Kisi Apple Watch app, you will need have the iOS app installed on your phone (the Watch app comes bundled with the iOS app).
When the Kisi icon appears on the watch, it means that the app is ready to be used. Once the app is opened, you will be able to see a list of your favorite doors, which you can tap to gain entry.
Setup Kisi in Apple Watch
The Kisi Apple Watch app requires an internet connection in order to unlock the doors. If your Apple Watch does not have a cellular connection, ensure you are connected to a WiFi network.
To set up the Kisi app in your Apple Watch:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the Kisi iOS app installed on your iPhone
- Sign in to your account in the Kisi iOS app on your iPhone
- The Watch app should automatically appear in your Apple Watch (if you are on watchOS 7.2 or above)
- Tap on the Kisi Watch app to open it
- After opening the Watch app, you might be prompted with the screen below. Ensure you have iCloud Keychain enabled and open the Kisi iOS app in your iPhone
- Open the Kisi iOS app on your iPhone and you should be signed into the Watch app automatically. If that is not the case, we suggest trying to sign out and sign in again on the Kisi iOS app in order to trigger the iCloud sync
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know my Apple watch is compatible?
The Kisi watch app is compatible with watches using watchOS 7.2 or later.
Can I tap to unlock via the Apple Watch?
Currently, Tap to Unlock is not possible from the Apple Watch.
Do I need to have my phone on me in order to unlock doors from the watch app?
For any locations using Reader restriction, you are still required to unlock with your phone. If the Place does not enforce this restriction on its doors, the watch app can unlock them without the phone being present.
When trying to open the watch app, I get this message: Not signed in. Could not find a login.
Make sure you are signed in on your iPhone and have enabled the iCloud keychain in the iOS Settings app. When it finishes synchronizing, the watch app should open successfully. If you are still running into any trouble, please sign out and sign in again on the Kisi iOS app in order to trigger the iCloud sync.
Why is the app crashing?
In the unlikely event that the Kisi app crashes repeatedly, please uninstall the iOS app and install it again.