From time to time, you may encounter some strange behavior that you've never seen before when working with Kisi. Kisi uses your browser's cache to store information in order to optimize your experience, however, sometimes this information becomes outdated, which can cause some issues when Kisi tries to access it again in the future.
Below are some instructions about how you can easily clear the cache and cookies using different browsers.
With the Chrome desktop app, it's possible to clear only Kisi-related data. This can be a useful troubleshooting step if you're hesitant to clear all browsing data.
To remove Kisi-related data:
- Open Chrome and navigate to chrome://settings/siteData (capitalization is important).
- At the top right of the page in the search cookies field, type Kisi.
- Verify the results are only related to Kisi, and click Remove All Shown.
To clear all cache and cookies in Chrome:
- From the Chrome menu bar, click History > Show Full History. Alternatively, you can press Command + Y.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click Clear browsing data.
- In the pop-up window, click the Advanced tab. Make sure that at least the following items are checked:
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
- Hosted app data
- Click Clear data
To clear cache and cookies in Firefox:
- Navigate to History > Clear Recent History.
- In the pop-up window, set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Check the following boxes:
- Active Logins
- Offline Website Data
- Click Clear Now
To clear cache and cookies on your Mac:
- Go to History > Clear History.
- This will open up a pop-up window for you. You'll want to make sure the pop-up is set to Clear all history.
- Click the Clear History button
To clear cache and cookies in Microsoft Edge:
- Use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Control + Delete.
- This will give you a list of settings of what you clear from your history. Select the following:
- Browsing history
- Cookies and saved website data
- Cached data and files
- Press Clear