As a Kisi administrator, you can expect that users will report to you when they are having trouble accessing your space. There are several reasons why an unlock attempt might be unsuccessful:
- Authorization, where Kisi is correctly denying an unlock request according to its configuration, however the user believes they should be permitted.
- Phone capabilities, where Kisi is denying an unlock request because a user's phone hasn't enabled some required capabilities such as WiFi, Bluetooth, or Location Services.
- Door configuration, where the door is incorrectly configured in the Kisi Web Dashboard and cannot perform unlocks.
- Systemic issues, where a power or networking failure is impacting the operation of Kisi equipment.
Kisi Web Dashboard - Event History
Kisi Web Dashboard - Doors
Unlock Failure Messages
We've listed below each unlock failure message with an explanation for why the unlock may have been unsuccessful, and included links to troubleshooting resources where applicable. Use this as a resource when you are uncertain how to resolve an unlock failure that is impacting your users.
- the door was improperly configured
- Your door has not been associated with a relay on the Kisi controller - Please follow the steps HERE to configure the door.
- they haven't been shared access
- This user has not been added to a group that has access to this door - You can provide access to this user by adding them to a group. THIS ARTICLE has instructions on how to add members to groups.
- they were accessing outside of opening hours
- This user is part of a group that has a Time Restriction schedule enabled. You can find out more about the Time Restriction HERE
- they weren't tapping a nearby Kisi reader
- the Kisi controller was unavailable
- Your Kisi controller is offline (disconnected from power/network)
- To troubleshoot your offline controller, please refer to THIS ARTICLE.
- they were too far away
- location settings of the lock were incomplete
- Your place location is not set. Please update the address for your place by following the steps in THIS ARTICLE.
- their location could not be determined (Bluetooth disabled)
- their location could not be determined (GPS unauthorized)
- their device was not the primary one
- This user is part of a group that has the Primary Device restriction enabled. You can find out more about the Primary Device restriction HERE.
- their group's access rights did not include app access
- This user is part of a group that has app access disabled. App access would typically be disabled if you don't want members of this group to have access using their mobile devices. Credentials can be assigned to users in this group.
- the door had no assigned Kisi controller
- Your door has not been associated with a relay on the Controller - Please follow the steps HERE to configure the door.
- their member access is turned off
- This user's access was suspended. You can find more information on how to suspend access for a member HERE.
- an unlock was already in progress for the wireless lock
- This user was attempting to unlock the wireless NDE lock while another unlock event was already in progress. The user can unlock the door again once the unlock duration has ended.
- because the door's wireless lock was offline